Home > Board > Gallery

Education Useful Information

2018.05.17 15:29

JanisHodgson6479981 조회 수:11

University, the final stage in top level education. We all know the proposed outcome of a university education, a qualification and the chance of acquiring a better job. But how much more does a school education give you that self studying doesn't? And wouldn't self study be a whole lot less costly than spending grands on a school education?

Now I went university myself. I done a two year HND and was put straight onto the final year of the degree as my results were great (If your results were just average they would put you onto the other year instead or not let you carry on at all). But this really is where the problems kicked in. Three years studying is a lot for anyone, especially along with a lifetime of prior education. People lose the will to study at different times, sometimes before they finish secondary, sometime while attending college, and in my case towards the end of my university education. Now the work was not hard for me, I just completely lost interest in doing it. I would leave all my work till the final minute (Something I never did when I was motivated), rush my essays and not meet the word count. Why is this I ask, is university (linked website) education too long?

Looking back, I are able to see that university education did help me, but wouldn't do the exact same for everyone. University learning is basically learning from books. You go to lesson, the teacher talks to you about book extracts, they give you a printout from a book, then tell you to go and read that book. Then for your assignment, you reword a book within your own words and provide your opinion about the book or subject in the book. That is it. Like I said, university did benefit me. But if you have the abilities to sit down and read a book all day, you may learn most things yourself for a lot cheaper. This of-course isn't true for more practical subjects such as art, but then there's always exceptions to the rule.

So why pay those thousands in university fees if you can learn everything yourself for a great deal cheaper? Well, for a start there's the social side of it. Lots of people before their university education continue to be living at home with their parents. University gives them the opportunity to gain some independence and live on their own or with friends. It is also more social then simply going straight into work in which you see the same faces everyday. There is also the benefit of having the qualification paper by the end of your university education. While self study could give you the knowledge you would require to do a job, a whole lot of companies would rather hire somebody that has a qualification to back up their knowledge, rather then taking someone's word for it.