Home > Board > Gallery

University Resource Options

2018.05.17 14:45

AnneliesePropst9 조회 수:11

university resourceUniversity, the final stage in top level education. All of us know the proposed outcome of a school education, a qualification as well as the chance of obtaining a better job. But just how much more does a college education give you that self studying does not? And wouldn't self study be a great deal less expensive than spending grands on a university education?

Now I went university myself. I done a two year HND and was put straight onto the last year of the degree as my results were good (If your results were just average they would put student resource you onto the next year instead or not let you carry on at all). But this really is where the problems kicked in. 3 years studying is a great deal for anyone, especially in addition to a lifetime of prior education. People lose the will to study at different times, sometimes before they finish secondary, sometime in college, as well as in my case towards the end of my university education. Now the work was not hard for me, I just completely lost interest in doing it. I would leave all my work till the last minute (Something I never did when I was motivated), rush my essays and not meet the word count. Why is this I ask, is university education too long?

Looking back, I can easily see that university education did help me, but would not do the exact same for everyone. University learning is basically gaining knowledge from books. You go to lesson, the teacher talks to you about book extracts, they give you a printout from a book, then tell you to go and read that book. Then for your assignment, you reword a book within your own words and provide your opinion about the book or subject within the book. That's it. Like I said, university did benefit me. But if you've the abilities to sit down and read a book all day, you might learn most things yourself for a lot cheaper. This of course isn't true for more practical subjects for example art, but then there's always exceptions to the rule.

So why pay those thousands in university fees if you're able to learn everything yourself for a lot cheaper? Well, for a start there's the social side of it. Lots of people before their university education are nevertheless living at home with their parents. University gives them the opportunity to gain some independence and live on their own or with friends. It's also more social then simply going straight into work where you see the same faces everyday. There is also the advantage of having the qualification paper by the end of your university education. While self study could give you the knowledge you'd require to do a job, a whole lot of companies would rather hire someone that has a qualification to back up their knowledge, rather then taking someone's word for it.